The Lichtblick PLC was founded by dedicated entrepreneurs in 1998. The company has emerged as major independent green electricity provider, therefore it is able to launch big projects. In 2010, Lichtblick began to install the first so-called "At-home-power-plants", small units that can be set up in private cellars generating heat and power from natural gas. Lichtblick plans to build 100,000 of those combined heat and power units during the following years. A central control of the linked units ("swarm power") enables Lichtblick to balance wind power, which is dependent on the weather, in the grid.
Origin of electricity: new hydro-power stations, i.e. six-years-old or younger, in Norway and Austria, biomass from Finland (more information on the origin of Lichtblick's electricity here)
Owner: business families from Hamburg (more information on the structure of the company here)
Electricity customers: 600,000 (September 2011)
Get in contact with Lichtblick: call +49 (0)40-8080 3030 or +49 (0)1802-660 660 (6 ct/ min from land lines), send an email to info[at]lichtblick.de
>> "At-home-power-plants" which supply heat and power and this way complement wind power
>> The "At-home-power-plants" and the "swarm power" model have been given the innovation award for climate and environment in 2011 ("Innovationspreis Klima und Umwelt") by the Ministry of the Environment, the Federation of German Industry and Fraunhofer Institute
>> Study: "2050. The Future of Energy."
>> Project for the protection of the rainforest in Ecuador
>> Lichtblick is a member of the German Working Committee on the ecological Awareness in Management (B.A.U.M. e.V.)
>> news on the company and on green electricity on lichtblickblog.de
>> support of political/ civil involvement
What are the characteristics of Lichtblick's green electricity?
Lichtblick's products have been certified by ok power label (retailer's model). This label specifies that at least 1/3 of the company's electricity has to be generated in new RE-powered stations that are not supported by the feed-in tariff according to the Renewable Energy Law (EEG).
In addition, the following criteria have been inspected and certified by TÜV Nord:
- The electricity mix of Lichtblick is completely free of power from nuclear, oil- or coal-fired sources
- Within the period from January to December 2010, 100% of the electricity supplied to private customers by Lichtblick originated from Renewable Energy-powered stations (hydro-power and fermentation plants). No harmful CO2 emissions are produced during the electricity generation.
- In order to balance the short-term differences between electricity demand and purchase, Lichtblick deals on the electricity stock exchange. In 2010, Lichtblick sold more Renewable Energy than it bought "grey energy" (max. 1,09%), so in net total Lichtblick’s electricity supply is renewable
- The declarations on Lichtblick's electricity fuel mix are correct according to the Energy Industry Act (EnWG)
- The accuracy of the information on the electricity mix, on the age and characteristics of the power stations and on the CO2 emissions given in the proof of origin are verified annually.
Electricity tariffs for private households from March 1st, 2012
Basic charge: 8.95 Euros per month (equals 107.40 Euros annually)
Energy rate: 24.19 Cents per kilowatt hour (equals 241,90 €/ 1000 kWh)
Price guarantee until December 31st, 2012; subject to any increase in taxes or other legal duties
Minimum term of the contract: there is none
Terms of notice: 4 weeks before the end of each month
The tariffs mentioned include all taxes. There are no further costs for you.
Did Lichtblick convince you? Change now!
Offer for private households
Basic charge: 8.95 €/ month
Energy rate: 27.48 ct/ kWh
Offer for business customers
Up to an annual electricity consumption of 100,000 kWh you may choose between two tariffs and change online right away. With a higher consumption, please ask for an individual offer (Email).